Friday, December 19, 2008

Second part.

So. I got to new york. But. Luggage lost as expected. Got a cab ride to hotel because I didn't know where everyone else was. Turns out they made it to lion king. But for me to take a taxi there from where I was would cost a fortune and lots of time. And I'm too scared to take the subway by myself. At night. For the first time. I decided to stay in.



Carolina had checked in before and gotten keys so I thought I had to wait in lobby til they got back. Turns out that this hotel is completely insane. The guy who acted really drunk but kept explaining how tired he was because he had been working 18 hours, have me a key to a room. He said 301 but the paper said 310. Tried 310. Didn't work. So I tried the other room. And some guy comes out kind of abruptly and I had to explain myself.



Went back, got another key to another room. Didn't work. Did that another time. And then finally he gave me a key that worked. I got to know the belhop pretty well though. He lived in the caribbean and does not recommend living in ny. I walked in to a sweltering room and called the guy back up again. Great start to the hotel as well. But all things considered, I have a very positive attitude about it. If you ignore my breakdown in Washington. I was in tears.



I'm here typing this now. And I hope my phone battery doesn't die before they call in the morning asking for the "secret code" so they will leave the luggage here.



And now I just talked to Teresa. They're coming to meet up with me and we're going to get some dinner!



Til tomorrow. Hope I have my luggage.





Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment