Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Nutrition & the Freelance Designer

I didn't go to sleep until 4 am last night.

This morning I woke up at 11am. Immediately walked to my home office room, where the light was pouring through and making it hard to see my computer screen. I may need to rethink the location of my desk.

No need to brush my teeth, wash my face, take a shower.

Wearing my glasses that are 3 marks too low for my eyes.

It's ok, all I have to see is this screen right here. maybe a legal pad or 2.

Window open and spring air is setting the temperature for me. My only interruption is my cat chasing a bug that got inside. Frequently she climbs on the back of my chair to rest.

I like this chair.. my grandmother's once nice chairs from the living room us kids weren't allowed to enter. Appropriately, it now is draped with star wars fabric to protect it from kitty claws.

I feel pretty happy about this set up.

I worked all day from then, snacking on the "Sweet Nutty Temptation" nut mix from Kroger. Took a break for an orange around 4pm, broke out the cheese squares (Target brand Cheeze-it's) pretty soon after that.

And THEN the hunger pangs!!! No real food!!

Eventually I decide to walk to the grocery store conveniently located a block from my house. I find my "Modern Family" tote bag from a conference in LA, gather my ancient ipod and headphones, and begin walking as the sun is sets. Someone cuts their grass with a trimmer. And Kiss "Calling Dr. Love" plays on my ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment