Sunday, May 23, 2010

Second Chance Prom



I was very honored to be a part of this project. I'd been talking with Darren of Creative Distillery for a while. We frequently bounce ideas off one another just to have another critical design eye with an opinion, and since he's been freelancing for a long time now, he's a valuable teacher for me. He asked me to be a part of designing a poster and logo for this event.

The thing is, is that you may have heard of it. It was put on by the Mississippi Safe Schools Coalition, and was in reaction to a high school banning same sex couples from attending the prom. They wanted to throw a prom for everyone, and everyone was invited. Several high profile individuals were involved such as Lance Bass, Green Day, Questlove, Cat Cora, and more. Ellen tweeted about it!!

It happened and was a great success! I was able to attend and see that... yes, it was in fact just like a regular prom. I felt like I was in high school again!








thanks to Mister Nick, my date to the prom, for the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment