Sunday, May 3, 2009

Magic City Art Connection

I am just now getting around to loading photos on my computer, and organizing things from a week ago. Last weekend I went to the Magic City Art Connection, in Birmingham, AL. I grew up in Hoover, but have never been to this event. I was so happy to be there, and see everything! I know that artists that showed there are from all over the place, but there was so much inspiring work, it made me proud of Birmingham. I'm glad to know that the art scene there is great, and still growing.

I want to mention a few good artists I saw there. And I hope they don't hate me for it, but I took photos of their art, so that I could remember them, and remember their work, and also blog about it here if I wanted to. I'm going to post some of my eye-catchers here over time.


Possibly the most memorable was John Lytle Wilson.

This guy should do character designs for a movie, and write it. (or tv show) I expect that the storyline would be amazing, because what's actually going on in these paintings, I do not know, but you have to have an original imagination for this kind of content.





No comments:

Post a Comment