Tuesday, October 14, 2008

the cops and the drunk dude

I think I am getting really ready to move. I love my apartment, it's comfortable and cute and the perfect size - but there are small scary things going on that make it hard to love completely.

Last night around 1 am I heard a banging on my front door. (and i sleep through everything so the fact i woke up to it is impressive). I peeked through my window to see who it was.. it was some man I'd never seen. So i totally freaked out and sat there for a minute not knowing what to do. I peeked through the window a lot and tried to keep totally quiet, then he lied down on the porch.. i snuck into the bathroom, where i called the security people who sent over about 3 cars, 2 cops, 2 ambulance guys. While I was waiting on them it became pretty obvious he'd fallen asleep since the snoring was enormous. The cops were having a hard time waking him up, so he was maced and the fumes got to me even from where i was, barely coming outside to talk to the cops.

It all turned out ok, but at the time it was really scary. The cops were talking to him for about an hour, and they were yelling back and forth a lot. He wasn't cooperating. Eventually they took him away. Adam came over for comfort and I went back to sleep around 330 am.

whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment